2866 West 17th Street

Brooklyn, New York 11224

Phone: (718) 266-1612

FAX: (718) 946-3651


REV.  SHIJU CHITTATTUKARA, S. D. V., Pastor

REV.  JAVIER FLORES, S. D. V., Parochial Vicar

REV.  LORENZO M. GOMEZ, S. D. V.,  in residence

The Shrine Church of Our Lady of Solace

Over 115 Years of Service to the People of God in Coney Island

A Parish served by the VOCATIONIST FATHERS (Bl. Justin Russolillo, founder)

 “Jesus, Mary and Joseph!”


Sunday, April 26, 2015

el domingo, 26 de abril de 2015


FOURTH SUNDAY OF EASTER

CUARTO DOMINGO DE PASCUA

Copyright © 2015 Shrine Church of Our Lady of Solace

Website last updated:

04/26/2015

The Shrine Church of Our Lady of Solace

is a parish in Deanery 10 of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Brooklyn, Rev. Msgr. Andrew J. Vaccari, Dean.


SCHEDULE OF MASSES,  SACRAMENTS, AND DEVOTIONS


RELIGIOUS EDUCATION

REGISTRATION FORMS FOR 2015-2016


PLEASE DONATE!

THE 2015 ANNUAL CATHOLIC APPEAL

Our Parish Mission Statement

Since 1900, the Shrine Church of Our Lady of Solace has been the only Catholic Faith Community in Coney Island. We are committed to welcoming all of God’s people who come to live on or visit our shores.

We are a Eucharistic community proclaiming in Word and Sacrament, the Death and Resurrection of our Lord, Jesus Christ.

In union with Christ and relying on the guidance of the Holy Spirit, we seek to understand and respond to the spiritual, educational and social needs of our diverse community.

We Warmly Welcome You to our Parish Website!

The Shrine Church of Our Lady of Solace has served the people of Coney Island for over over a century.  From the very beginning we have been an immigrant church. Our founding parishioners were from Western Europe. They were followed by people from the Caribbean and Central America.  Our newest immigrants are from Mexico and Eastern Europe.

Founded in 1900 by Rev. Joseph Francis Brophy, Our Lady of Solace was designated as a Shrine Church in 1905 by Pope Pius X. Our church has been a focal point for people who have come to Coney Island to worship, to live, to recreate or just to enjoy the beauty of the ocean and the shore. Our magnificent church building was completed in 1925, and provides a truly glorious space for worship as well as quiet prayer and meditation. Today, our parish is administered by the Society of Divine Vocations (Vocationist Fathers).

We have welcomed people to our parish since 1900 and we will continue to welcome all who come to visit or make a home with us.